Monday 25 July 2011

Twitter Guide for Authors - 3rd Edition - The Savvy Book Marketer Guides

Twitter Guide for Authors - 3rd Edition - The Savvy Book Marketer Guides

At last!! Some real advice for those writers who love their computer and want to
explore all corners of the known internet world.
I've only been on twitter once and it scared me.
I know, I'm easily spooked.
Now I've ordered this book, and I'll let you know if it's useful.
I'll go through it and do what it says and if it changes the way I access social media, or opens anything out
or makes me get excited about the hithertofore esoteric world of tweeting -
I'll recommend it.
Oh, and by the way - public doman stuff is fools' gold.  I got so excited about
it in one of my earlier posts - but I've come rushing back from that
experiment to say - leave it well alone.
Writers should just write their own stuff. Sigh.  You'd think I'd already know this.
But anyway here's the thing I've discovered recently.
You know that old creative writing teachers mantra: Write what you know?
It's rubbish.  Instead -
write what you love.  Write what excites you - and write feverishly, with passion and
without boundaries - in first draft at least.  Why not?  Let me know if you agree with this.  Leave a comment somewhere in cyberspace. 
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment